Sunday, February 5, 2012

Review of the Week; Textfree



Hey, generic reader! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've had to deal with school and all those other crappy events in life that lead up to your death. After thinking about how to keep my posts at least semi-regular I've decided I'm going start doing a review of the week. I'll probably alternate from things that I hate and things that I love. In this case it's the thing I love is the iPod app Textfree, (with voice) but in future weeks could could range from on politics I love to zebras I hate. Rest assured my weekly review will add that quaint sense of routine you've been craving to your week, no matter what.

Textfree


Do you own an iPod, iPad, or iPhone without calling services? Would you rather not pay $20 a month or whatever arm and a leg price is currently going for cell phone service? If you answered yes to either of these questions then Textfree's might be the solution for you. If you answered no to these questions you should ask siri why you're such a rich-ass snob well informed consumer.
     The intermediate internet user definition for Textfree is: a VoIP (voice over IP) and sms app. The stupid-proof normal definition for Textfree is: a turn your iPod 4g (lower generation iDevices can still you sms) into an iPhone app. That's right, with Textfree you can call and text your richer-than-thou phone owning friends over WiFi. A new update has even added voice messages. What's the catch, you ask? Well, you'll have to watch a few 1 minute adds to add calling time to your newly made iPhoneFree, but it only takes a few minutes to add more time than you'll ever use anyways and should be fairly painless.



*possibly incomplete and definitely insulting post

No comments:

Post a Comment